Reduction and re-usage is really possible with organic gardening. But organic fertilizers have an important role. because harvested fruit, vegetable and flower gardens take plenty of out of the soil. And you need tomaintain soil nutrients for your fruit and vegetables and crops
What Time To Use Organic Fertilizers
Most garden soils contain the bare essentials. But that may not be enough and need more to fully develop.
- When crops growing needs nutrient
Brassicas, potatoes… and some other plants are more demanding – composted or dried manure is essential – poultry manure pellets and buttons,
- For continuous cropping season to season
organic fertilizers are very useful as supplements see poultry manure pellet again
e.g. lawns, shrubs, hedges, trees… garden compost and manure is still a great provider – Find more here on lawn and shrub fertilizer,
- When growing on thin unfertile ground
work in manure – continue to use organic fertilizer to make better quality compost, and grow clovers and beans as green manures to dig in. See organic base fertilizer and re-mineralizing rock dust on link here.
Some products are not good for using organic fertilizers.you have to Consider these belows:
- Where does the organic fertilizer come from? e.g. seaweed under threat from commercial exploitation? Does mining calcified seaweed destroy marine life? Does your fish fertilizer come from fish waste?
- Does manufacturer use vital resources or involve pollution? e.g. carbon from natural gas burnt for producing chemical nitrogen,
- How does it come to you? e.g. transporting a big load of fresh manure?
- Is it excessive or wasteful? Use of Urea has attracted many supporters but they are both considered bad for organic gardening,
- Does it destroy soil structure micro-organisms?